Just what will it feel like to live in an independent living community? So many seniors are finding out the benefits go far beyond what they imagined. More options and less responsibility—so you can get back to the things you really enjoy—and new friends to enjoy them with. And that’s just for starters!
- An independent living community typically offers:
- A choice of living options including apartments, cottages, condominiums and/or even single family homes in some cases
- Restaurant-style dining with one to three chef-prepared meals daily
- Basic housekeeping and laundry services
- Transportation to appointments and errands
- Wellness programs
- Amenities such as a pool, fitness center, onsite beauty and barber salon
It’s easy to list services and amenities, and when talking about an independent living community, there are many. But what really sets this lifestyle apart is the experience itself—how it makes you feel, how it enriches your life, and how it can make you excited about what lies ahead.
At St. Mark Village, we believe our independent living does all these things for our residents. Here are some examples of what we mean.
What you can expect in an independent living community:
• A fresh start. Maybe you packed away your athletic gear when disco was king. Or you’re a regular participant in marathons. Choosing an independent living community lets you stay on course with your fitness regimen, or start all over with something new. It could be joining the walking club. Trying Zumba. Strength training. Chair yoga. Working on your balance.
If you’re a resident of St. Mark Village, you not only have a full spectrum of fitness resources right at your fingertips, you also benefit from a perfection location for getting outside and stretching your legs.
• Lots and lots to do. Wondering what to do with all the free time you’ll have, since home maintenance is no longer a concern? Ask the residents of an independent living community: they’ll tell you their biggest problem is deciding which activity to join! It could be gardening. Sitting by the pool. Sharing your skills in the woodworking shop. Having a few friends over to your apartment for brunch. Learning to paint. Going sightseeing with the group.
In an independent living community like St. Mark Village, the day is yours. The choices are many!
Download our free guide, Successful Transitions to Senior Living!
• A sense of safety and security. Imagine living in a beautiful setting that’s been purpose-built for the comfort and safety of older adults…where friends and family can visit and know every detail has been considered. That’s what it’s like in an independent living community. The emphasis on nutrition and wellness. The attention to cleanliness. Safety features in apartments. On-site security. Smart architectural design. In independent living, helping each resident feel protected and secure is the highest goal.
This also can include feeling confident about the future. At St. Mark Village, we don’t want our residents to worry about a thing, including future health care needs. That’s why in addition to independent living, we offer a continuum of care—assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation—so each resident has seamless access to future health care options.
• A wonderful variety of people. Being around people you enjoy is good for your health. Now picture an independent living community where you rub shoulders with teachers, artists, homemakers, Veterans, card players, golfers, gardeners, animal lovers, clergy, baseball fans…the list of possibilities goes on. Not only will your neighbors and fellow residents have lots of talents and skills to share, they will make mealtime conversation a delight!
And don’t forget the hard-working and friendly staff. People who are dedicated to making your life as easygoing and fulfilling as possible. You will probably consider them family in no time.
• A continuous vacation. How great does that sound? Rise each morning and revel in the freedom that comes from knowing you don’t have to mow the lawn, clean the garage, dust the furniture, sweep the sidewalk, or wash dishes. Instead, drop by the Salon for a haircut. Call your grandkids. Read your favorite author. At St. Mark Village, there’s also countless opportunities for excursions to places of natural beauty and relaxation, as well as entertainment.
Forget the to-do list. Now it’s time for the “I finally get to do” list!
Engaged with the present; at pace with the future. Independent living at St. Mark Village could be the right fit for you. Download our free guide, Successful Transitions to Senior Living, or contact us. We’d love to hear from you!