Sanctuary: a place of refuge or rest, where you can feel secure or at peace. That’s what a senior living community can be—a refuge where you can relax, enjoy life, and feel comfortably secure. Today’s senior living communities care making senior living safety one of their top priorities.
Senior Living Safety: How the Right Community Can Offer Peace of Mind
- Built with you in mind. A modern senior living community is more than a place to live, it’s a place where you can maximize independence and quality of life. A place to make friends, explore new opportunities, and be inspired in an environment that is specially designed for senior living safety. For example, wider hallways with handrails. Good lighting. Ramps instead of stairs. Special safety details in the bathrooms, emergency alert systems, and more. Your safety, and your wellbeing, is the driving force behind every component of this exceptional lifestyle.
- Assistance when you need it. Living at home alone can leave you feeling worried about what to do in an emergency, especially late at night or on a holiday or weekend. You don’t want to disturb a family member or neighbor, but you need help. As a resident of a senior living community, you have the reassurance that a helping hand is always close by 24/7.
- Sanitization is a priority. Like most of today’s senior living communities, at St. Mark Village, we are following strict guidelines for cleaning and safety requirements as established by the CDC. Our staff is dedicated to maintain the highest possible level of cleanliness throughout our community. Every detail is considered, from constant cleaning of surfaces to safe gatherings to new technology for providing even greater levels of protection.
- Everything you need is right here. Running errands isn’t always convenient, especially when you aren’t comfortable driving. Or the weather is bad. Or it’s the evening and you’d rather not go out at night. As a resident of a senior living community, you don’t have to leave the campus to get a haircut, eat a meal, join a Zumba class, mail a package or other regular tasks. And when you do have to go to an appointment or to the grocery, you benefit from scheduled transportation.
- Maintenance-free lifestyle. Not having to worry about repairs or housekeeping isn’t just a great perk, it’s a wonderful part of senior living safety. Now you can let someone else climb the ladder or crawl under the sink. Whatever the maintenance task, it’s done for you promptly and with courtesy. So you can continue enjoying your day any way you choose. At St. Mark Village, that might mean gardening in the greenhouse, joining a yoga class in the wellness center, having coffee with friends in the Creamery or lounging poolside with a good book.
- No dangers of isolation. There’s nothing wrong with being an introvert and enjoying time alone. A senior living community gives you the flexibility to live as you choose, with opportunities for companionship on your terms. But living alone at home, isolated from others and feeling lonely or left out, is very harmful to your physical and mental health. That makes connecting with others a big part of senior living safety. You will feel engaged, have a sense of purpose, and look forward to what each new day brings. You’ll also be protecting your health and wellness.
Senior Living Safety: Creating Your Sanctuary
Poet, novelist and painter Hermann Hesse said, “Within you there is a stillness and sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” That’s what a senior living community can be—a place where you can relax, enjoy life, and feel a comforting sense of safety and security. At St. Mark Village, you are surrounded by friends, caring people, and every amenity to make your life full, rich, comfortable, and secure.
Vital, engaged and secure: that’s life at St. Mark Village! Contact us or call 727-464-1750 today to connect with our friendly and knowledgeable counselors and learn why so many are proud to call St. Mark Village home.