17 REASONS: NOW IS THE PERFECT TIME TO CHOOSE SENIOR LIVING
From the desk of Lisa Laub, Director of Sales and Marketing at St. Mark Village:
During these seemingly endless days of COVID-19, it is understandable that fear, and a sense of uncertainty about the future are pervasive. At St. Mark Village, a Continuing Care Community, we have always planned for our Residents’ futures, alleviating fear and providing peace of mind, not only for our Residents, but also for their families. Our Life Care promise says it all ⎼ Even if a Resident’s health or financial circumstances should change, they will always have a home at the Village. At present, in this battle against the coronavirus, the priority for the entire St. Mark Village family is to work together, make decisions based on the greater good, and safeguard the health and well-being of the Residents and Team Members. Many of our Team Members have served and cared for our Residents for decades and embody our Mission of 40 years – To enrich the lives of the Residents we serve by creating an environment that fulfills their every need – body, mind, and spirit. Since our founding, and as we confront a global pandemic, our primary goal each day has been, and always will be, to provide an environment that is as safe and secure as possible for those we pledge to protect.
As you evaluate your safety and security during these unprecedented times, our St. Mark Village Residents can answer YES to the following questions, can you?
- Are all visitors, health care workers, and service providers screened for illness before entering your home?
- Are all visitors, health care workers, and service providers required to wear face masks and other protective gear while in your home?
- Are groceries, personal hygiene items, medications, and other essential supplies delivered directly to your home for free?
- Do you have someone to provide transportation to medical appointments, drugstores, shopping centers etc.?
- Does a qualified health care professional monitor you for signs and symptoms of illness or COVID-19?
- Does your physician come directly to your home for medical appointments?
- Does someone order your medications and are they delivered directly to your home?
- Is your home regularly cleaned and sanitized/disinfected?
- Do you have a professional monitoring and providing updates on the COVID-19 crisis?
- Does your family receive updates on your health and wellness?
- Do you have an emergency call system in your home?
- Are you able to enjoy socialization with others and receive guidance on how to do so safely?
- Are you able to communicate with friends and family with the use of technology?
- Does your family receive photos and direct communication on Facebook or other social media platforms?
- Do you have someone to talk to when you feel the need for interaction or are feeling isolated?
- Do you have someone who provides and arranges for enriching and mentally stimulating activities, exercise classes, and services such as therapy, vision, and hearing check-ups?
- Do you have a sense of safety and security because of support provided by a team of healthcare professionals?
As the pandemic continues, we realize it may be a long time before we will experience anything resembling our lives before COVID-19. So, each of us must try to find peace, and ways to feel safe and secure in these difficult days. Here at the Village, we strive to find quality of life in the little things that have turned out to mean a lot. We have each other to lean on, Residents and Team Members, families, and friends. The Residents thank us and tell us they feel safe and cared for. These words mean the world to us and give us purpose. We are thankful for the Residents who share their love, stories, memories, and words of wisdom. As our CEO likes to say, we will get through this together, and each day we will continue to do the next right thing. It might be the right time for you to experience the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you can depend on us to help make life easier, safer, and more fulfilling, even in our current circumstances. To learn more about St. Mark Village, give me at call at (727) 785-2580 ext. 1754 or email Lisa Laub at: email@example.com.
Stay tuned to our webpage at: www.StMarkVillage.org/Covid19 for the most up-to-date information regarding our response to Covid-19. Families may view our newsletter, the Lively Mark, distributed to our Residents weekly, online at: www.StMarkVillage.org/Lively-Mark for the most recent news. As always, please feel free to call us directly with questions at (727) 785-2580.
For more information about St. Mark Village or to get in touch with a member of our Sales Department, please submit the brief contact form below.