Who doesn’t love a festival? Just the word itself sounds like fun! Luckily for residents of St. Mark Village, Palm Harbor’s local festivals are imaginative, delicious, and fun—something to look forward to the entire year. We’d love to tell you about just a few.
Palm Harbor’s Local Festivals: Something for Everyone
The area has plenty of festivals to enjoy, and the whole family can be involved. Festivals are a great way to stay connected to the greater community, make new friends, and feel a part of the perfect neighborhood for retirement. Here’s just a few of Palm Harbor’s local festivals that you can enjoy:
- The Northdale Family Fun Festival & Parade draws people together each April for great food, free games and entertainment, and vendors offering a variety of products and services.
- Heat things up in September at the I like it Hot! Festival, Florida’s largest hot sauce festival with free admission, diverse sauce competitions, a pepper eating contest, Hot Hula Hoop contest, live music, and more.
- For a unique day of fun in April check out the Dunedin Highland Games & Festival. With traditional bagpipe bands and competitions, Scottish athletic events, highland dance competitions, and food and merchandise vendors, it’s a favorite among Palm Harbor’s local festivals.
- Organized by St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Cathedral, The Epiphany Festival is an annual festival of religious reverence, folk dancing, and a tossing of the Holy Cross into Tarpon Springs Bayou (to be retrieved by a teenage diver). Start the day with a divine liturgy at the cathedral. Then enjoy the traditional litany procession to the bayou for the blessing of the waters, release of a dove, and the cross dive. Enjoy Greek food, live music and dancing at Spanos Pappas Community Center, and see why The Epiphany Festival is one of the best attended of Palm Harbor’s local festivals.
- The Dunedin Mardi Gras Festival features Tampa Bay’s largest Mardi Gras parade with 50 unique colorful floats in downtown Tampa Bay. Celebrate Mardi Gras in grand style and celebrate with food, drink, music and merriment.
- Ever wondered what a pirate’s life is like? This is your chance to find out at one of the most unique of Palm Harbor’s local festivals! Bring your “mateys” to Gasparilla Pirate Fest in January. Named for pirate José Gaspar, who terrorized the coastal waters of West Florida during the late 18th and early 19th centuries, Tampa’s annual Gasparilla celebration begins with a pirate “invasion,” a parade (the third largest parade in the U.S.) featuring over 750 swashbucklers aboard the majestic pirate ship “José Gasparilla,” kicking off a full schedule of pirate-themed events featuring music, food and entertainment.
- Each spring at the Florida Strawberry Festival® , guests come from near and far to enjoy exhibits of agriculture, commerce, industry, livestock, fine arts, horticulture, and crafts. American life is celebrated with social events, contests, youth developmental programs, top-name entertainment, and parades with glorious floats and high-stepping marching bands.
And that’s not all. The list of Palm Harbor’s local festivals keeps growing, offering retirees and their families countless ways to come together for laughter, relaxation, food and a lot of fun. Whether it’s a holiday tree lighting, a weekend art show, farmers market, or signature festival, there’s always something going on in the Palm Harbor area—yet another reason why choosing St. Mark Village as your retirement address is such a great idea.
Good Times Continue at St. Mark Village
Palm Harbor’s local festivals are a great start. But when it comes to getting together for a good time, residents of St. Mark Village have even more to celebrate. Here’s just some of the ways our residents get together for healthy socializing:
- Hawaiian luau
- Book reviews
- Birthday parties
- Arm chair travel
- Men’s breakfast
- Ice cream social
- Classes, lectures and presentations
- White elephant sale
- Pool and ping-pong
- Fitness opportunities (Pilates, yoga, water aerobics, stretching)
- Line dancing
- Pinochle, bridge, canasta, dominoes
- Outings to museums, lunch spots, galleries, festivals, concerts & more
- Wii bowling
- Clubs for reading, knitting, books, & more
- Bible study
We can’t list them all. But we can tell you that St. Mark Village is an ideal choice for a warm and welcoming retirement lifestyle that makes it easy to be excited about what lies ahead. All the perks of carefree senior living, with seamless access to future care options. A choice you’ll celebrate every day of the year!
Join the celebration of exceptional retirement living. Download our free guide, A Guide to Living Well During Retirement in Palm Harbor, Florida. Or contact us today.